Auto Insurance

Four-wheelers and side-by-sides can be serious fun, so make sure you and your all-terrain vehicle (ATV) or utility vehicle (UTV) are protected whether you’re a full-time rancher or part-time adventure seeker.

Auto Insurance

Personal Auto insurance is often purchased blindly without any information on what your buying other than the price and the deductibles. At Cen-Tex Insurers we want to take the time to explain what coverages are mandatory in the state of Texas and what the coverages are optional to see if they are needed. We represent multiple insurance carriers, providing a wide range of auto insurance products that can be custom tailored to fit your needs. When purchasing auto insurance from Cen-Tex Insurers you are asked we discuss the following topics with you: comprehensive and collision coverage, what you would like your deductible to be, what liability limits are needed to protect you in a covered loss and whether or not you need optional coverages like personal injury protection, medical payment, uninsured/ underinsured motorist and or road side assistance.

Auto Insurance Coverage options:

Collision and comprehensive (other than collision) coverages

Collision and Comprehensive (other than collision) coverages pay for damage to your automobile. You can purchase either or both of these coverages for each vehicle you own. If you have an auto loan you may be required to purchase both.

  • Collision coverage insures you against damage to your vehicle caused during an accident.
  • Comprehensive (other than collision) coverage insures you against all other physical damage to your car caused by such events as fire, theft, flood, and vandalism.

Collision and comprehensive (other than collision) coverage usually includes a deductible, which can range from $100 to $1,000. If your car is damaged, the Insurance company pays only for the damage in excess of the deductible you selected. The higher the deductible, the lower the premium.

Liability coverage

Liability coverage pays for injuries you cause to other people and damage you cause to other people’s property when you are at fault in an automobile accident.

Medical Payments coverage

Medical Payments coverage pays medical expenses (up to a specified dollar limit) for you and passengers of your car who are injured in an automobile accident, no matter who is at fault. If you and your passengers have health Insurance, you may not need this coverage.

Personal Injury Protection

Some states require Personal Injury Protection, which is also known as No-Fault coverage. This coverage pays for things like medical and rehabilitative expenses, replacement services, and funeral expenses. It also pays for loss of income if you are injured in an auto accident and are unable to work.

Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage

This coverage pays if you are injured by a person who is completely uninsured or doesn’t have enough liability Insurance to cover your injuries. It also covers you if you are in an accident with a hit-and-run driver.


This coverage can be used when you need to get your car towed as a result of an accident, breakdown or a flat tire. Normally, you can call any towing company and then send the bill to your insurance agent/company for reimbursement.

Check with your agent for the specific coverage details of your policy. Some companies provide you with the full Roadside Assistance, which will also pay for your expenses associated with a locked key or if you needed to call a service to start-up your vehicle.

Rental Car

This coverage will pay for your expenses when you have a covered auto insurance claim and need to get a rental car while your vehicle is being repaired. There is either a daily and/or a per claim limit with this coverage. Normally, when you are renting a vehicle for pleasure use, the limits of liability, as well as the comprehensive and collision coverages, will transfer over to the rental vehicle from your auto policy.

This does depend on your insurance company, so please check with your insurance agent. If you have full coverage, the liability and the comprehensive and collision coverages will transfer over to the rental car. However, if you have only liability coverage, only the liability limits will carry over, so the rental vehicle will not be fully covered by your policy if it is damaged or stolen.

How much do I need?

Choosing the appropriate level of auto Insurance coverage depends on a number of factors, including assets you must protect (liability coverage), value of your vehicle (collision and comprehensive), the amount of money you can afford to pay out-of-pocket (deductibles), and your tolerance for risk.

Our professional auto insurance agents in the Waco area can assist you in finding the right car insurance you need.